Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 12:42 PM   #6
Frank@theShop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #26495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab777115 View Post
Dealer had my RV for over 10 months changing the microwave and the radio/camera system. On the way home we stopped for gas, turned of the engine and after refueling it would’nt start. We had been driving over an hour, figured the battery was off, jumped it and continued home. Put a charger on the battery and things seemed ok. Next day dead again only this time no power to inverter or dash radio. Now I notice generator won’t turn over/no power at all. Got new chassis battery and starts fine… still no power to inverter and dash radio, generator won’t start still…Sounds like a fuse but checked everyone I could find. What am I missing?
It's hard to say for sure without knowing what kind of rig we are talking about here, but it does not sound like a fuse at all. It sounds like your house battery bank is completely dead. What you mentioned are all symptoms you might see if the house batteries are dead. Your rig probably sat not being worked on for most of those 10 months and they likely never turned off any of the disconnects which expedited the trashing of the batteries. Turning off the disconnects likely would not have saved the batteries over the course of 10 months though. The other thing is make sure your disconnect switch is ON if you want the battery to charge. Many if not most are wired in such a way that if the disconnect is OFF the house batteries will not charge whether on shore power, generator power, or engine power. Check the water level in the batteries but they are likely beyond resuscitation.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.