Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #22
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I can see the logic in it: The bare frame is aligned at the factory and when you receive it it now has all the camper bits loaded on. Thus you'd want the alignment as best as possible so you'd want your stuff in it too.

The problem I see with that is: Compared to the overall weight of the camper; your stuff + fuel + water is a very small percentage and probably wouldn't have that much of an affect on the alignment.
I'm not talking about the bare stripped chassis, but the way the motorhome comes from Thor. They are the ones that "complete" the vehicle as sold, and should take care of alignment before it gets to customer.

The "weight added to a finished motorhome" argument is absurd in my opinion. My van weighed +/- 5,000 pounds empty and came aligned. And it can be loaded to nearly twice that weight without needing to be aligned again.

The same occurs if you buy a new ProMaster or Sprinter van. If you load 50% of their respective weight in them, the vans don't have to be realigned.

And the same with commercial trucks that can weigh twice as much full as empty. If they needed alignment full, how would they drive empty?

So now we have a finished 10,000-pound or more motorhome that "requires" about 10% weight added in order to get the alignment right?

I just don't see it other than for what it is. A new owner should never have to worry about getting his rig aligned on day one.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.