Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 05:49 PM   #14
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
You are getting about $20k off of new. At the Tampa show a Vegas 24.1 was offered at $67.9k. How many miles does the PPL have on it and does it have the new 6 Spd transmission. If it is a 2015, it will not, if it is a 2016 it might. Having driven both, I think the 6 Spd is a major upgrade. The new bathroom doors and shower curtain are also major improvements, but others in this forum have added the shower. The smaller windshield is also a plus because of the many reported cracks in the larger windshield. If the previous owner had some RV skills and maintained the coach, it might be better than new in some aspects. If they added stability upgrades or other improvements that are important to you, that would be another plus. But you need to be sure, because I bet PPL will give you a 90 day warrantee if any. At least with the new one, you have a year to try and get things fixed in the coach. For comparison purposes, I traded in a 2014 Vegas,with 25,000 miles on it, and $18k (not including taxes) for a 2016 Axis. I thought it was well worth it and I have been much more impressed with the quality control of the 2016 over the 2014. Not everyone has been as lucky, however.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum