Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #16
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
It is indeed the one at PPL. They are asking $47,995 for it.

Since I am not handy, I wonder if one of the dealerships could simply buy and install the old door assembly (or better yet the new door assembly).

I figure that if we would buy this one we would be getting $30,000 off of brand new, I could afford to pay $5,000 in mods and still be ahead financially!

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!
Savings may not be quite $30K in today's dollars, and if you factor the value of the unit itself being lower in 3 to 5 years (or however long you plan to keep it), the out-of-pocket cost difference for ownership is even less. If you keep vehicles for long periods until fully depreciated then the savings are greatest.

Regarding the door, I'm sure with enough money it can be restored to original design/condition.

We briefly thought about looking at that motorhome and perhaps making an offer, but only because we want a dinette and my wife shot down the idea of a major modification to a brand new motorhome. I thought that if the motorhome was a couple of years old, she'd be OK with it.

My thought was of buying or building new-style doors, and replacing couch with dinette. I even kicked around the idea (don't laugh ) of remodeling the bathroom. That would be a huge project by comparison.

Because of the old-style windshield, and small bathroom, we decided to not even look at it. As I recall it's been listed twice, the second time at lower cost. We want new but it has to be what we really want. Otherwise we'll look at used as an interim motorhome until something right comes along.

Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum