Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #24
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
You make a good argument on the alignment or lack of one. Some say that the suspension needs to "settle" so to wait until you have about 2500 miles on the odometer. I don't know if that is valid although I accepted it as true until I read your thoughts.
I don't know what they mean specifically by "settle" so won't comment on that.

What I do know is that the suspension on Axis/Vegas is the same as Ford has used for decades on E-Series Super Duty vans. Its Twin I-beam front with coil springs and solid rear axle with leaf springs. It's also the same style as used on most F-Series Super Duty pickup trucks.

I've never heard of buyers of Ford vans or pickups being told that they needed to take their new vehicles home, load them, and then get them aligned. And what's different about motorhome suspensions that would not allow them to be aligned at some point prior to delivery?

What is happening with motorhome alignment doesn't make sense to me. That's just a personal opinion. Bottom line is the industry works the way it does, sells plenty of units, and makes lots of money in the process. As long as we keep buying what they make, under their terms and conditions, they have little reason to change. Our complaining isn't going to help so I'm going to stay out of this.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum