Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 02:14 PM   #10
terencgb1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #15798
Bathroom renovations

I updated the bathroom cabinet to increase storage, get rid of the horrible MDF brown cabinet, the terrible counter and the faucet that needed both hands to use. You can see the result in the photos below. The faucet matches our kitchen faucet (i've rebuilt the kitchen too), the new counter is actually an HDPE Cutting board i repurposed with the original sink put back in it (ill be changing that to a stainless one at some point). I built the cabinet out of MDO which is waterproof and easy to paint and I moved the bathroom heater vent to under the shower which let me add an extra cupboard space to the floor area to store toilet and tank cleaning chemicals. The extra space is a big bonus and it was easy to feed the heater pipe in under the shower base once i removed the old cabinet. Removing the original cabinet revealed the usual treasure trove of screws, wood shavings and crap left behind during the factory build / assembly of the rig. So sad they don't have the attention to detail at the factory. Total time was a weekend, mostly waiting for paint to dry and total cost was around 100 bucks. I still need to find a black power socket to make it complete but that is a rainy day project.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2034 Medium.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	39533   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2035 Medium.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	39534  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2036 Medium.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	39535  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum