Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 08:59 PM   #31
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguir View Post
Overinflating a commercial or truck tire is inflating above the cold psig on the sidewall

Do you think trucks change their psig when they offload?
I'd agree about the over inflation & those truck tires are supporting 80k lbs.
As for the tire profiles shown for under inflation, on all my towable rvs most all the tires wore similar to that, although not quite that severe, not due to under inflation but rather due to scrubbing while making tight turns. The fronts on motorhomes will most likely wear similar also due to turning.
I never had one wear like the over inflation shown when inflated to the max cold pressures on rvs, trucks or other vehicles.
If you inflate by weight then every time you travel with full fresh water you'll need to inflate, empty fresh water, deflate. DW adds a couple pairs of shoes, inflate. Drink the case of beer you loaded in the fridge, deflate.
Yes I'm being ridiculous, but if you use either the rv manufacturers pressures or the sidewall pressures you inflate once & done, no worries about over/under inflation, heat build up or squirmy/squishy ride, it might be a bit stiff but it's a truck.
I've never looked up the inflation charts for weight carrying but I'd suspect it would take several hundred pounds +/- to affect the tire pressures a pound or two, that pound or two won't make any noticeable difference in ride or tire wear. Wouldn't be worth the effort to me to have 6 tires inflated to different pressures due a few extra pounds here or there.
Weighing is a good idea to know where you stand as far as GVWR, but not to constantly have to adjust tire pressures.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum