Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 10:52 PM   #10
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBob View Post
I have a devil of a time cooling my coach when tailgating in +95 degree heat. I've done all the fixes/hacks I could find on forums. When headed to pick up the coach on campus on Sunday morning I saw a coach leaving that had a third AC installed in place of the vent, likely over the kitchen. Looked strange because it was off to one side but I'm intrigued.

Anyone ever seen or done this? Thanks
Prevost band tour buses often have 5 roof top units depending on the number of bunks. They are wired for 2 50 amp power centers and thus have 4 50 amp circuits. Thor normally wires each roof vent for a fan. The wiring diagram for the coach will show if it exist. You can use the existing wire to pull a steel fish tape down to power center where the wire terminates. Then use the fish tape to pull the 12 awg Romex up to the vent. If you want to use the existing roof ducting for the new A/C, an electric carving knife will cut the poly foam blocks into removable blocks to access the ducts. You can wire in a sub panel if there is no remaining space in the power center.
If it sounds like I have added an additional A/C, it is because I have - changed the power center to PPS 5375, added a sub panel and A/C and changed out the inverter to a Xantrex Freedom Xi 2000.
All it takes is money and time. I did everything myself except of carrying the A/C to the roof. PPL was happy to carry it to the roof, since I bought it from them.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.