Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 03:01 PM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
This is one reason why we get out of Florida in the summer months and head north and west.

Back in ‘17 we were in Florida around Labor Day when Irma hit. We had a mandatory evacuation so we put down sand bags and headed out of town.

We only got sideswiped by the storm and didn’t get any damage….. well at least from the storm.

We live in a gated community but the gates were left open because of the evacuation. After the power went out and I couldn’t access my cameras any longer, someone broke into our place and stole a TV and some other small items. They cut threw the screen on my lanai because I had the outside door locked out back.

When the power came on I could see some sand bags were moved and the TV was missing in the living room. I called the PD and they were there with guns drawn in 15 minutes but the perps were long gone. Of course my insurance company told me not to file a claim if I could pay for it out of pocket so my rates wouldn’t go up…. insurance companies can be so wonderful. Ended up paying about $3K to have the screen fixed and replace what was stolen… plus putting special locks on each slider since thay is hoe they broke in.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.