Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 04:33 PM   #8
Hummelr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29S
State: West Virginia
THOR #22209
Thanks for all the ideas.

My wife and I took the slide in and out a bunch of times.

It looks like the hand tightener fittings are rubbing against the gas lines and walls as it goes in and out.

This may explain why they loosen.

I did reroute one line as it was 180 degrees pointing in the wrong direction.

I am going to go ahead and order new hoses with wrench type fittings on them and install them. The lines pictured at the beginning of this post I can only find at trekwood.com and they have failed to respond to me.

All 3 current lines are mangled where they connect to the lines under the floor.

There is no stress at all where they connect to the water heater or the water inlet.

Thor did put 90 degree elbows on the end of the pex to where in flexible lines connect. This makes the connections point up and to me causes a HUGE PROBLEM since the flexibles must immediately make a 90 degree bend. There is not enough pex for me to remove the 90's and just put in a straight connection.

I wonder if I should put a 90 elbow on those connections to straighten them back out. However, that is another potential leak point.

Rick

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum