Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 04:32 PM   #25
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Amen Chance!!! You are hitting one of my "You Got To Be Sh***ing Me" buttons. I've never understood this initial realignment - I'll call it "urban legend" for lack of anything better. I'm NOT disputing the experience of many owners that did have to have an alignment because their coach was way off, BUT...

These E-350/E-450 chassis sit under ambulances, delivery vans, refrigerator trucks, fire/rescue trucks, short school buses, etc. I can't understand if it was aligned by Ford before it left the factory, why isn't that alignment good across the entire range of the specification of GCWR? Do I rush my car in for a realignment when I load within 10 lbs of its GCWR? Do all these businesses with E-350/E-450 chassis run to the alignment shop when their vehicle is fully loaded, then emptied, then loaded again, ad infinitum?

If I were cynical I'd say that if you need an alignment on your new motorhome there's a good chance that it was not aligned properly before leaving the Ford factory. If it was aligned, then the motorhome factory did something to the suspension system to knock it out of alignment and they should be responsible for realigning the suspension.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum