Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 10:15 PM   #11
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Here is a second picture of the other side. Same size hole. I didn't post them all because I didn't see the point.

Subjective, objective, believe what you want. All I know is these units had holes large enough for me to stick my finger through and wiggle it around a good bit without bottoming out.

My biggest concern would be a driving rain blowing water into any of these holes (check out recent flooding in Houston -- we can get some really heavy rain), particularly since I can't find where it would eventually exit except to the inside of the motorhome.

You mentioned bugs and critters first. I see these holes plenty large enough for ants, bees, wasps, roaches, lizards, etc.
Chance,

What you point out is a valid concern, however, when gaps are found in the seals the owner, or potential owner, needs to raise the issue and get the seals repaired. I did just that on my Challenger when the lower exterior seal was peeling away. Here is the write up for that warranty repair:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J# 2 75DTZ01 RV CONCERN TECH(S):147477 WARRANTY
Kitchen slide rear outside seal loose (not secured) on
the bottom. This looks like the adhesive has come loose.
ADHESIVE GLUE FAILED TO HOLD SLIDE SEAL
I WOULD HAVE TO CLEAN OF ADHESIVE AND PELL OFF DOUBBLE
SIDED TAPE,NEED PREAUTH FOR.4 THEN ADD NEW TAPE
THOR APPROVED .5
JOB COMPLETE..5

PARTS------QTY---FP-NUMBER---------------DESCRIPTION--------------------UNIT PRICE-
JOB # 2 TOTAL PARTS 0.00

JOB # 2 TOTAL LABOR & PARTS 0.00
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to heavy rains, we get our share as well. I have not had any water infiltration around the seals. On my prior class c during heavy rains I would get water coming in through the roof mounted refrigerator vent but not through slide seals.

As for creepy crawly things, I find more of those trying to get in my coach through the roof mounted vents and fans than through the slide seals. Then there are the areas around the water heater, furnace and on the prior class C the roof and side wall refrigerator vents. Last summer while I was on a business trip I had wasps get into the bathroom through the ceiling vent/fan and build a nest hanging from the screen. Took three days to get them all.

For me, at least, there is more benefit and less hassle to keep the slides out than there is to retract them. With the slides out I have access to all cabinets and drawers and can prep the coach for its next voyage at my leisure and with less wear and tear on slides and slide components.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum