Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 03:40 PM   #6
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciret7 View Post
Yes, the black material is a soft pliable weather stripping. The photo is taken with the door open full 90*, from inside looking into the hinge area.
My concern is that the door doesn’t close tight (the weather stripping is not thick or stiff enough to keep door open) a gentle push closed it tight. When I saw that, I looked at hinge. Screws were obviously loose, I tightened them as best I could. The angle to get at the screws is difficult, so I wondered if this was a common problem and if there are any tips or tricks to tightening the screws. On a house door I would swing door open past 90* and get a straight on shot at the screws. The MH door has an air spring that stops it at 90*. I don’t see an easy way to disconnect the air spring, didn’t really want to take those screws out because my experience is that metal screws being taken in and out can mess up the holes.
Remove the spring damper to open the door fully and/or use long bits on and impact driver to tighten the screws up.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum