Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 12:14 PM   #1
atreis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Onan 4000 doesn't STOP immediately

I have an Onan 4000 on my RV with about 35 hours on it. Just recently it has started doing the following:

Starts up easy. Runs fine. Generates power fine.

Hit the stop button, and power from the generator turns off, the red light on the start/stop button goes out, and the fuel pump power cuts out, but the engine keeps on running. Eventually - 2-3 minutes - it will stall out. The change is that it used to stop right away when hitting the stop button. It doesn't matter which stop button I hit - the one in the coach or the one on the generator. The behavior is the same.

So... Not really a bad thing in and of itself, given that it's probably draining the fuel from the carb before stalling, and definitely something I can live with, but I'm wondering if it's an indication of some other looming problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.