Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 01:47 PM   #7
JimOIB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
I have a 2017 Class C with almost the same slide layout as your coach. On shore power or genset it takes about 30 seconds for my slide to go in or out, and it works smoothly with no stops and starts like your video has. On battery power it takes a little longer.

From my perspective, your slide seems to have excess drag. A couple of things can cause this.

1) The rollers under the slide are damaged or not touching the bottom of the slide. With the slide open look for 6" metal strips under the slide. Pull back the seal where the strip goes into the coach and look to see if the rollers (there are multiple strips) are touching the bottom of the slide. The slide needs to rest on them. Two of mine were not and I used a 7/16" socket to adjust them to touch the slide then an additional 1/4 turn.

2) If your utilities are under the dinette bench then make sure they are not falling into the slide gap or between the floor and the bottom of the slide. If they do then they can bind under the slide. Propane line, flexible water line, electrical lines on mine are under the bench.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.