Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Tilting Awning
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Tilting Awning

I noticed recently several posts from new Axis/Vegas owners with pictures of their new RV. Almost everyone of them were doing what I did when I first bought my 2015 Vegas. When they deploy their awning, they leave it flat -- that is the length of both support arms are equal so the awning material lies completely flat.

Leaving an awning flat increases the risk that rain will pool in the center of the awning. This increases the weight the arms have to support. It also increases the stress on the hardware that hold the fabric to the roller tube.

I didn't know that the arms could be adjusted so that one end of the awning would be lower than the other so that rain, A/C condensation, or other sources of water could run off the awning. JamieGeek on this forum told me how to adjust the tilt.

Both arms have a series of holes with a round latch that allows you adjust the arm up or down to tilt the awning. I have my rear arm in the next to last hole at the top so that any water runs off the rear corner of the awning. The picture shows the holes in the support arm. The silver dot in the sixth hole down is the push latch you depress to adjust the support arm length.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning Adjustment.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	2174  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum