Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #8
Jusplainwacky

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
Well if you tripped a Circuit Breaker ( fuse ) , you would know there is an issue & should investigate . Reset-able Fuse is nothing more then a Breaker like is in your house. If you blow a Fuse , you replace it , well with a reset-able Fuse , you don't have to have extra Fuses laying around & hope you have the correct amperage one . Trouble shooting an electrical issue is no different.

Wire it the way you want , its your upgrade , if it doesn't work out , it can be changed & my Power seats are powered by Ignition .
Thanks for taking a stab at my question, but what you explained is a manual breaker...that is not what I'm referring to.

There is a difference between a fuse that you can manually reset such as a "breaker", then there are fuses that have a low temp metal which melts when the current exceeds its rating...and then there are thermal fuses, that once the current exceeds the rated current, the bi-metal heats up and mechanically breaks the circuit...once the circuit is broken, there is no more current, and once there is no more current, the bi-metal cools and reconnects, and the cycle continues.
Many of the fuses used in power seats is a bi-metal fuse...that resets itself. The question is...why do they use this type of fuse? As I mentioned, I would not want a fuse to reset itself if an over current condition were encountered.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum