Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 12:21 PM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
There are two achilles heels with the Thor Super C's ( Chateau, Omni, Magnitude).

As Jimmers mentioned, one of them is the front cap. I have a '20 Magnitude SV34. At 5000 miles screws under the cap began to break and pull out pushing the molding out that runs from the drivers side, across the roof and then down the passenger side. I took it to the Thor Factory Service Center under warranty and they said they fixed it. I am on a 7-week trip out west and after 18 months and 15,000 miles after the repair, it is starting again.

Pillbox on here has a Chateau and Kwplot34 documented repairing it themselves using bolts and nuts. Thor uses small and short sheet metals screws that don't hold up.

The other achilles heel is the full wall slide. About 70 - 80% of full-eall slide owners end up having various problems. Most if it is that the Schwintek Slide Mechanism is a poor design for a heavy, full-wall slide. I had the Schwintek Mechanism replaced with the Vroom Slide System a year ago and it has worked flawlessly. It is a far superior design with more robust parts than the Schwintek mechanism.

We do like our Magnitude Super C, which is very similar to the Chateau but it is a love-hate relationship and a lot of work in 3 years to get it where it needed to be.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.