Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 12:54 PM   #16
ParadiseDBTR

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #28045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I heard I have been summoned to court............ the QD6000 generator is capable of running everything in the Omni / Magnitude without any issues

I have a few questions:

- Does the convection oven work as expected on shore power? Can you be using it to cook for 30+ minutes without it shutting off?

- Can you run both A/C's simultaneously on the generator for 30+ minutes without the generator shutting down?

- Do you have more than 1/4 take of diesel in the coach?

Now you said you woke up to the fridge being off. That is a completely separate issue. There are two possibilities.....

1. Your inverter is turned off at the remote panel inside the coach. When on shore or generator power, the remote display will light up and be active and sometimes fool people into thinking the inverter is turned on. There is a round power button on the remote panel in the coach and it must be pressed so it is in and not sticking out.

If you want your fridges to always be on regardless of shore or generator power, your inverter must be turned on.

*One other note.... the inverter has a built in control panel with it's own On / Off switch. That switch must be in the Off position when using the remote panel. I could not turn my Inverter On or Off from the remote panel when I got it and it was because Thor had the power button in the On position in the built-in control panel.

2. The 300A fuse blew (or you have a loose battery cable) and you are getting no battery power to the Inverter. Again, when there is shore power the inverter's ATS will allow AC to pass through and power the fridges but if the fuse below or a cable is loose, you are not getting 12V to the inverter so the ATS can switch over to inverter power.

To test the inverter, make sure you are not plugged into shore power or have the generator running so there is no AC power coming into the coach. Then try the On / Off button on the remote panel. When it is depressed, the panel should light up and you should be able to access the configuration menu. When it is on, the fridges should be running.

When the panel is Off and the button i sticking out, the panel should go darl and the fridge should be off.
Wow. Thank you! The fridge issue was resolved. The breaker was tripped overnight for some reason. For the other questions. Everything seems fine on shore power. Both ACs running on Gen power without issue. Have plenty of fuel in both tanks. I’m sure there is something simple I’m overlooking. Inverter is powered up but my gut says not working or not transferring but my gut is ignorant so there’s that. Sitting here now. Gen shut off. Fridge is working. House lights working. No microwave or 120 outlets.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum