Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #18
pdeter

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #940
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainElite View Post
Thanks for that tip. We're going to schedule that as soon as the fine folks doing a bridge replacement down below our mountain get to a point we can safely drive across again. Right now it's a muddy, tight mess, but they are working fairly fast. Perhaps by the end of the month? My question would be - do we install a steering stabilizer first and then get the alignment or alignment first and then steering stabilizer? My initial thought would be to install the stabilizer first so Ford can fix any errors I introduce during the install. Thoughts?
I put my steering stabilizer on first about 6 months before I had the wheels aligned and it was a pain to get it adjusted correctly because it is difficult to get the front wheels perfectly straight by eye or touch. But I got it after about 4 tries.
When I got the wheels aligned, which were way out BTW, they adjusted the stabilizer while it is on the rack with the front wheels perfectly straight and test drove to ensure no further adjustments were needed. So it may be beneficial to put it on, then head straight for the alignment. Save yourself a few hours of crawling under the RV performing the adjustment.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.