Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #5
CasaDeRussell

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #4445
Check Power

First of all, I think they call what you have a "tag-a-long" as it it tags-a-long behind your vehicle. This is how I understand it.
1. Tag-a-long (regular trailer type hitch)
2. 5th wheel (goose neck hitch)
3. RV (class C)
4. Coach (class A)

I'm no pro, but I do have some ideas.
1. Check to see if there is a batter disconnect switch. On my RV there is a switch that has two options "Store" and "Use". All it does is click when you press it and it springs back to center. If you have this type of switch make sure and press it to "Use". That connects the batter. "Store" is for storage (disconnect the battery).
2. You will not get enough power from the plug the way you have it hooked up. It is OK for charging the batteries, but not for normal use. If you turn on the AC it will trip the breaker circuit you are plugged in to. If you turn on too many things it will trip the breaker circuit you are plugged in to. Either that or you will melt the smaller extension cord. The plug for your camper is a 30 Amp plug. You can't run 30 Amps through an extension cord without frying it.
3. Check for fuses. I think others have already said that.
4. Check power at the motors. But to do that you will need someone to press the button while you take measurements.

That's all the ideas I have right now.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum