Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 06:40 PM   #46
cwitt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #8138
My wife and I have 'rested' many nights in interstate rest areas with no issues. However 'resting' in Rest Areas is always my second or third choice. If you do have pull into a rest are don't put out your slide. It would be very easy and unfortunate for a trucker 'accidently' take it off your rig. The parking areas are usually very flat so no need to lower your jacks either. Running a generator is no issue as it will usually be quieter than the rigs on both sides of you. trucks come an go all night and with their generators running, it probably won't be a peaceful nights rest. Also if you come in late at night I can almost guarantee there won't be any spots available. All the above is subject to the regulations in the respective states.
My first Choice is Cracker Barrells, followed by Cabelas, Wallmart, Fair Grounds, and Welcome Centers (Not always the same as a Rest Area)
Regardless of if the business has a policy of allowing overnighters, like Walmart, be sure to check the parking lot for any signs that there is a municipal regulation prohibiting overnighting. You want to have to be awaken at 3 in the morning and told you have to leave.
There are a lot of of options for free overnighting (more than I've mentioned) it just takes a little research and being flexible.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.