Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 11:27 AM   #52
04fxsts

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygirlscats View Post
On the note about not putting out slides…

We’ve overnighted at rest stops and WalMart both, and are always a bit anxious about the “no slides” advice. Our bed won’t unfold unless one slide (opens straight back toward the rear rather than to a side) is deployed.

We would like to use pull offs like WalMart more often but the slide-out situation sometimes stops us. I try to rationalize that this rule just means don’t do more than the minimum necessary, don’t set up camp, drag out chairs, open the awning etc. Then I hold my breath and put out the rear slide so we can sleep. Because sometimes we just wanna sleep for a night.

No consequences so far; do folks think I’m safe in using that approach?
I think you are good to go with that arrangement. I think the big deal with putting the slides out in a rest area is because they can protrude into the next space. I would also worry about someone coming in late and tired and taking out the slide. Our ACE gives access to everything except a couple drawers and cabinets in the bedroom. If we need something out of these I stand outside long enough for the wife to run the slide out, get what she needs and retract slide.
Not huge travelers but we have stayed in WM, CB, Lowes, different truck stops and rest areas with no big deal. We did leave one rest area at night because of the noise. The truck section was right near the interstate in the middle of a long grade, noise came from that not the parking lot. Once we stayed at a campgrounds that had a RR crossing about 50 yards from the entrance. Heard the whistle go off about every hour waking even me up, terrible night and worse that most rest areas. Jim.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum