Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Congratulations.

I've inspected the 19G model various times while renting from Cruise America (when needing more room than our van can provide), and there is so much I really like about that design.

As mentioned above it's compact, the same length and wheelbase as my Ford E-350 Extended Van which shares same chassis. It's a little wider at 91 inches, which may seem small to most, but compared to Class Bs it's very roomy.

The aero front cap looks very modern and upscale, and combined with small dimensions, low weight, and V8 engine should return excellent fuel economy (by motorhome standards anyway).

I also like the single rear wheel design with aluminum rims. The overall package reminds me of smaller European motorhomes, except built on a heavier-duty Ford chassis (albeit limited by SRW 9,600-pound GVWR).

For many couples on the fence between a Class B and a Class C the 19G bridges the gap pretty well. Unfortunately they must have not sold well or Thor would still be making them.

In case you haven't seen Thor archives, here is a link to a very similar motorhome including specifications. Note that Cruise America may have ordered some minor changes during rental fleet purchase.

https://thormotorcoach.com/image/dat...rochure_LR.pdf

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.