RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #22
pdeter

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #940
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainElite View Post
Sorry to keep beating a dying horse, but I crawled under the front end yesterday to see what was there. It seems there's already a small steering stabilizer there - about 1" across. It looks more like a screen door damper than what I see on the net for Roadmaster, Safe-t, etc. So now I understand I'm looking at an upgrade rather than an original install. Knowing that, has anyone replaced the factory damper with an upgrade, and did that make a difference?
I did remove the smaller factory installed stabilizer and replaced with the Safe-T-Plus and it made a big difference in handling. It took me about an hour to replace it myself in my driveway. As I said, the hardest and most time consuming part was getting it adjusted so it didn't pull one way or the other. I had to attempt adjustment 4 times before I got it right. If you plan to get your wheels aligned, I would recommend installing it right before and let them adjust it while they have it on the rack and the wheels are centered perfectly. When I finally got my wheels aligned (quite awhile later) they had to readjust it anyway and said that the damper was compensating for pull caused by the alignment being out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.