Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #14
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Like Jamie noted black tank sensors are notorious for being inaccurate. Sometimes toilet paper sticks to the sensor in the tank and that messes it up. What I do is every now and then I just about completely fill the black tank with water using the toilet flush to flush out loose toilet paper.

Jamie and others installed a Toronado flushing system that seems to work well.

Do you put a black tank treatment in your tank every time after you empty it? I use Walex Bio pax (green). They contain a deodorizing agent as well as enzymes that help dissolve toilet paper and other solids.

I like the idea that the bathroom vanity drains into the black tank. First, we never use our toilet for solids. We use the campground facilities for that. In an emergency we would use our toilet; however, we have not had that happen. We use the toilet for non-solid uses (if you get my drift). I find that we do not hold the flush valve down for long periods of time. Without a lot of water being used in the flushes, a pyramid of toilet paper would build up under the toilet drain. The extra water from the vanity (and that is just from hand washing and brushing teeth) adds additional water to ensure that the toilet paper dissolves and does not build up.
Yes, we put black tank treatment in our black water tank every time after we empty it. I am thinking maybe we had a false reading. I will work on ways to avoid it happening in the future. Thanks for your input.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum