Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 11:20 AM   #7
Vibeman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Michigan
THOR #17235
I had a Saf-T-Plus stabilizer on my coach, but I recently took it back off. In my opinion it is a trade-off. Some things get better, some things get worse. As far as why you get blown around at highway speeds, here is my opinion. My 2019 Ford F-53 chassis has a significant amount of play in the steering wheel, it is normal, but still significant. As you are driving, this play will allow your front wheels to move slightly left or right in reaction to wind load even though you are holding the steering wheel totally still. This will cause the coach to drift left or right. The steering stabilizer attaches directly to the tie rod and holds it, and the front wheels, stationary. The play is still felt in the steering wheel, but does not affect the front wheels until enough force is applied to overcome the springs inside the stabilizer. Many other factors affect handling also, the stabilizer will help with one factor but don’t expect it to stop all the effects of crosswind.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum