Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 05:46 PM   #18
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusplainwacky View Post
I was wondering if that was the case...but I also questioned if it might be them looking in their side mirrors and not where they are going.

I plan to review threads about stabilizers, cause I was in high wind areas, and I was getting blown all over. I ended up buying one but haven't put it on.
But what puzzles me, is how does a stabilizer keep the rig from being blown around or when passing these rigs? Seems to me that the wind is going to push the rig regardless if you have stabilizer on.
I having air suspension had to do four things to correct the "getting pushed" while driving. Also admit that I have an entry level diesel pusher. First thing is to understand that your rig is being pushed by wind force. This causes the box to lean causing you to try and correct. First is weigh and make sure you have the proper air pressure and then a front end alignment. After that is proper and you still get pushed, add the largest rear stabilizer bar you can get which will do the most to help. I had to add new stiffer shocks for two reasons. The OEM were soft and would allow the front to bottom out and still had pushing. Not as bad, but still a pain. Then I added air bag isolators that stopped the left and right side air bags from transferring air from one side to the other. After that I still got some pushing that I did not like. Manly from big wind gusts form the side. The kind that can push big rigs almost out of their lane. Then I added the Safe-T-Steer. Much better now for me. Some do not like the Safe-T-Steer and some do. Obviously you do not need air bag isolators. Try one thing at a time. Go on a trip and see if you can be comfortable with the change. If so you are good to go. Otherwise try the next.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum