Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 04:07 AM   #1
scooterdudetim1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #4471
Transmission winding up before upshifting

I drive a 2016 Ford Hurricane 29' Thor motorhome.
When accelerating from a stop, the tranny winds up to 3400rpm before shifting into 2nd gear, then winds up to 4200rpm before shifting into 3rd gear. This happens on both flat roads and on the hills.
It has been taken to the Ford Dealer, and they hooked it up to a machine and said that it is operating correctly.
When driving with the cruise control on at 65 mph on a flat road, when it encounters a hill it will downshift from overdrive to 3rd gear and wind out to 3400rpm, then drop down into 2nd gear and max out the tach to 6000rpm if you don't immediately tap the brake or turn the cruise control off.
I have heard that there is an article in some RV magazine that talks about these issues and recommends an aftermarket component that can be installed on the transmission to correct the problem.
Does anyone know which magazine and which month the article appears, or what the component is and who carries it?
I've searched the web with all the search words i could think of, but I can't find it.
Thanks
scooterdudetim1

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum