Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 07:34 PM   #6
sky_blue

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #2271
The greatest thing about the mobile lifestyle is the people one gets to meet both online (here) and outside (at the campground). Not asking for help or accepting it when offered is about the stupidest thing one can do.

When I used to sail, I remember a similar incident. We were moored out at the Channel Islands. Late in the afternoon a boat pulls in and starts to drop anchor incorrectly; not taking tides and local knowledge into account. One of my friends rows over and tries to tell the guy that his anchor line will foul all the rest of ours when the tide changes. The guy got pissy and said that he did not need any help from anyone about dropping an anchor. My friend simply said to him, "OK, But if you start drifting my way, I am going to cut your anchor free." Needless to say, three hours later, there goes my friend with a bolt cutter because the new guy's anchor chain was riding up all of our anchor lines.

Time for another beer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum