Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 11:21 AM   #3
Jimbo56

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciret7 View Post
New owner of a 2017 ACE 29.4. We are planning on taking a trip (or two) before spring. I winterized by draining all tanks, water heater and low points. Set valves to by-pass—which is an adventure of its own, fresh tank drain and fresh supply are under a drawer in the bedroom, water heater valves are behind and under the kitchen sink, took my several weeks of research and searching to figure that out. Then blew out the water lines with compressed air. I was worried about the outside sink, so I poured about 2 cups of antifreeze into the sink and ran the pump (the outside sink has a macerator pump to empty it, that also took me weeks to figure out, I initially thought I had a plugged sink drain line before I found the pump switch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). I poured a cup or so of antifreeze in all the p-traps, 1/2 gallon down the toilet and left enough antifreeze to cover the toilet bowl valve. Then I thought about the fresh water pump . . . It’s under the drawer in the bedroom and has an antifreeze inlet, but I didn’t want to fill all the water lines with antifreeze. Instead of just sucking antifreeze from the jug and running it to the faucets, I put a tube on the antifreeze line with a funnel in it and ran a cup or so into the pump.
Think I’m ok?
I also unhook the shower hose and outside shower hose after blowing out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.