Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 04:11 AM   #1
MrZip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
Length Matters-DON'T let this happen to you

When it comes to sewer hoses anyway. I'm posting this under lessons learned (or word to the wise) 1st always use the high quality sewer hoses, not the cheap blue one. 2nd don't stretch the hose too tight, (waste water can be quite heavy) 3rd have adequate space to operate the sewer valve. So here's my tale, I have both types of hose as mentioned above, I have about a 6 foot section of the cheap blue hose that I use primarily at dump stations, when I just want a quick hook up to clean out the black tank. Generally when camped I use the higher quality hose. By the way the blue hose has connectors held on with hose clamps, where the good hose has the connectors built in. Anyway I get to a campsite, and kinda end up getting wedged in by the utility outlet, I could barely get to my sewer connection. Because I was so hemmed in, I decided to use the blue hose cause it was easier for me to hook up, but with only 6 feet I was stretching to get to the sewer hole. Also since I was jammed up I decided to open both the black and gray water valves, (Left side) I have another valve for the black tank (right side) that I left closed. Well this worked fine til about 5 days later when I was getting ready to leave (the gray tank was empty) but the black tank full to the brim. Well when I released the right side valve, full power went to the cheapee blue hose, (I never thought about crap having so much weight) but it blew the hose clamp right off the hose. I had a wide open valve, which emptied the tank in about 15 seconds. All over the campsite, and stunk to high heaven. What a frickin mess, I spent the next 2 hours trying to clean it up with Clorox, and lime.
Towed: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Toy hauling: BMW F700 GS & G650 GS (Sertao)
MrZip is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum