Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 12:17 PM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Getting new Schwintek Slide out

The above recommendations are sound.... if you plan to keep the coach for more than a season or two, spend the money out of pocket and have the Vroom Slide System installed. The Schwintek mechanism is only good for small and lightweight slides.

Someone just had their Magnitude done at Vroom and they also had the lousy floor rollers that collapse under the heavy, full-wall slides replaced and all of it was only $3500.

I get that you have an extended warranty and only have to pay $600 out of the $4000 but you have to ask yourself a couple of questions...

1. When you go out on the road do you want your slide to work reliably each and every time? Not having to worry and deal a slide that won't retract or won't extend in a remote area?

2. If you are keeping the coach more than a season or two and use it often, are you prepared to have it repaired again?

Most Schwintek failures are with the mechanical components. The controller is fairly reliable and so are the motors to an extent. The motor mounting in the Schwintek system is a joke with the single setscrew trying to hold it down with the large amount of torque from a full-wall / heavy slide. Also the nylon V-rollers under the tracks are a point of weakness as well.

Putting any money in repairing a Schwintek mechanism is throwing good money after bad...... that is both my opinion and my experience. Having the Vroom Slide System installed was the best money / upgrade I could have done for my coach.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.