Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 03:28 PM   #1
paulwadley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
2022 Thor Miramar 37.1 Fuel Economy

We just returned from a roundtrip to Utah while towing our 2014 Ford Flex. We got an overall 7.7 mpg. That trip was a total of 1380 miles. I did drive 55 mph while in California since they have it posted along the freeways for that speed while towing and I drove 60 mph in the other states. While at 60 mph, the rpms stayed around 2200 and at 55 mph the rpms stayed at 2000 on the flat open areas. There were several climbs and descents from Anaheim Hills California to Salt Lake City Utah. Our Ford Flex weighs 4600 pounds and we used our brand new Blue Ox Tow Bar/base plate and the Demco Stay and Play Duo braking system. There was a big difference from us towing using a tow dolly with the same car and the Blue Ox Tow Bar. Musch easier using the Blue Ox System. I was very happy with the fuel economy towing our car. We have another trip back to Salt Lake City Utah just after Christmas and will compare our results.

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum