Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 12:50 AM   #1
AdventuresOnPurpose

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 4000
State: Tennessee
THOR #28543
Upgrading my Aria's PV system

I purchased the 2019 Aria 4000 back in April. My family of six have been traveling for most of this year. And I've been wanting to do more boondocking. I've been researching the Renogy's 48V Solar Charger Inverter system and installing 12 x 200w solar panels on my room. And then replacing my house batteries with several Renogy's 48v 50AH batteries.

My question is that I can't find anyone attempting to do anything similar. And from all the Google searches I've done. There isn't a single article I've found discussing 12v upgrading to 48v systems.

Has anyone ever heard of someone attempting this?

Is this a bad idea?

The purpose of doing this upgrade is to buy larger batteries, have high watt solar panels that charge faster and maximize both the space on my roof and the available watt-hours to run my A/C while off the grid or traveling.

This would be the largest project I've attempted.

Anyhoo, looking to find someone who has attempted something similar or at least can offer advice.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum