Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 02:43 AM   #3
paulwadley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Hi Kemp

We bought an Acme Tow Dolly early last year and used it to dolly tow our Ford Flex from California to Kentucky and back. It work well. It also had the surge braking system. After putting over 6,000 miles, I had to replace both dolly tires due to wear. I ended up selling the tow dolly and have now gone to flat towing with the Blue Ox Tow Bar and base plate. I had the Demco Stay and Play Duo braking system installed on the car. I found that the tow dolly worked but required a lot more attention. I had to get under it each time to install the safety chains every time I needed to use the car or tow it. With the flat towing, it only takes me a few minutes to hook up/ unhook to use the car. The tow dolly purchase was a budget item when we bought it since it is much cheaper to purchase. I ended up selling the tow dolly after using it for one year. I also found that the towed car turns much better with the motor home now on the tow bar system than the tow dolly system. Good luck and enjoy the new freedom with having your car with you on the road.

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum