Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 12:36 AM   #4
Janet H
Administrator

Brand: Airstream
Model: Overlander
State: Washington
THOR #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVwife View Post
Over Thanksgiving I was talking with our daughter, who is a 911 dispatcher in a small rural county near where we live. I told her how saddened and disbelieving I was that, on our last RV trip, a decorative banner she had given us as a gift last year had been stolen from our campsite....

I'm sorry you had this experience and believe it's not entirely uncommon. As suggested by others, I'd write a review of the park and include some mention of the theft (as well as typical review info about the facilities). While this might encourage some parks to up their games, many parks are largely unattended with staff. USFS parks, county parks and other small or rural parks are often entirely self-serve.

All that said, there's no reason to assume that a campground will be any safer than any other space and so best practices would suggest that you leave nothing unlocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Find a better campground. Never had a problem and nothing has ever walked.
I've had propane tanks boosted at a high end park and think it's not necessarily the quality park, it's that there are dishonest folks lacking scruples and decency.
I lock my car at the grocery store, I lock my house when I leave and now, I lock my propane tanks to the frame of my trailer. The locks could be cut but the shiny aluminum tanks now take some work to steal and the locks increase the possibility that a thief would be seen in the act or cutting locks.

What's that old saying about every bike weighing 60 lbs? A 10 pound bike needs a 50lb lock, a 60lb bike needs no lock what so ever

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum