Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Open neutral
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 07:59 PM   #10
EVMIII

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Mississippi
THOR #10956
As you can see, I know just enough to be dangerous (literally). This is my understanding of the power system in my rv since the solar and EMS were installed.

1. Power comes from my shed from a 50 amp plug. I have checked this plug with a multimeter and everything checks out at the plug.

2. I am using a new 50 amp cord. Plugged into my receptacle it’s tests just like the plug.

3. From the plug it goes directly to my Watchdog EMS.

4. From the EMS it runs into my switch (AC/Generator)

5. From the switch to my Victron Energy Multiplus 3000 Watt 12 volt inverter and 120 amp battery charger.

6. From the Inverter it goes to the batteries (charger) and to the AC panel.

Got a bunch of other solar equipment in there that the do their things and eventually get back to the inverter to store in the batteries or use in the RV.

As I understand the EMS missing neutral error message that I received is indicating the system is not detecting a neutral on the line inside the rv to complete the circuit. Since it is only connected through the switch to the inverter that problem has to be from the inverter back to the plug.

The neutral wire from the watchdog isn’t finding a neutral on the switch or more likely the inverter.

Does this make sense?

Thanks for the responses.
(swapped out of 37' 5th wheel and Chevy 3500 DRW Duramax in Apr 18)
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum