Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Gemini 23TE
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 08:18 PM   #1
darkNEskies

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nebraska
THOR #28338
Gemini 23TE

Hello Everyone. This is my first post here and I wanted to share my story about a 2023 Gemini 23TE I took delivery of this past Tuesday. Bad luck had us waking up to an unexpected snow storm the Rocky Mountains had been dumping all night and was continuing to do so. Roads were terrible, snow & ice covered, traffic was slow, plenty of accidents, and I had a LONG journey to get home with wife following me in the car. This being my first RV and first time driving anything bigger than a full-size pickup trucks, there were some white knuckle moments with a bit of anxiety. This model has AWD so that helped.

Okay, let's dive into some specifics. It came with a 12 inch infotainment set-up and SYNC 4. Pleasant surprise. I thought it would have the 8" screen w/ SYNC 3. SYNC 4 is just terrific compared to SYNC 3 that we have in the car. Heater and climate controls worked great in the below zero outside conditions. Seat was comfortable and the cab had plenty of cup holders, places for snacks and ports for phone. Phone pairing, navigation system and music sound quality were very good. The 310 HP & 400 ft-lb twin-turbo V6, 3.5L engine with 10-speed automatic had plenty of muscle for an 11000 GVWR vehicle. I only got about 11.5 average MPG but hey, driving conditions really sucked.

After getting home, activating Android Auto & Amazon Alexa was ezpz. FordPass App works great for remote start, lock/unlock, etc. Ford gave us a month of free bandwidth & teamed up with Amazon, some free streaming services.

The 40" (retractable into the countertop), Insignia Model NS-40D510NA21 smart? TV seems great. Has HDMI ports/included cable & a USB port. Might buy a blu-ray player for it. We were impressed with the thoughtful floorplan & Thor's choice of high quality appliances like the gas cooktop, microwave-convection oven, huge Norcold DC powered refrigerator/freezer, tankless hot water system, etc. The huge dry bath with plenty of storage is really sweet. Onan 4K gas generator works well. The queen size Murphy Bed is nice & easy to set-up.

Disappointed it didn't come with a ladder on the back for on-board roof access and that there is no sewer hose, but overall, we are quite pleased! Will report as learning process continues.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum