Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Open neutral
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 03:18 AM   #12
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Just a note of caution. An open neutral will still allow appliances to run. The return will be through the opposite hot. Even loads will keep the voltages even on each side. When the loads are not even the voltage will increase on one side and go down on the other. Yes anything plugged in that uses power, microwave, TV, converter, etc. will be affected. Voltage too high will shorten its life and cause failures within a year or less. Under voltage may also cause problems as well. You need your neutral to provide the return. I had, without knowing a loose neutral in my power reel and it took a while to fine it. I lost more than what I listed over six months. The converter was the first, TV second, microwave third, an AC unit fourth, etc..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.