Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 03:59 PM   #17
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzDoc View Post
After weeks of troubleshooting and with tons of help from this forum I reached the decision to take the RV in for full diagnostics.

Since I bought this 2016 Windsport 34F 6 months ago I had gremlins in the system. Would start to extend slide out then one or the other motors would error out. Only way to extend and retract was using override function on controller. Replaced both motors and improved their securing twice. Would get a few weeks of function then back to the same issue. Resecurred the motors a third time and replaced wiring harnesses and took a 3 thousand mile trip with no problem until 3 days from home. Then the same thing.

Took it it Camping World (I know. But that’s all I have locally) and they said that both mechanisms are completely worn out. Bent mounts and broken worm gears.

They worked with my extended warranty insurer and was told they will cover the repairs minus my 200 deductible, the cost of parts shipping, and tax. About 4K total bill of which I will pay about 600. Parts are ordered. I don’t have a list what parts but was thinking of asking for one.

Insurer will only cover installation of OEM Schwintek system.

Any advice out there as to what I should be looking for in their repair?
I had problems from the GET-GO with my 2018 Thor Windsport 29m full slide out. It was a nightmare. It finally broke and the reason was that POS little wheel at the bottom of the lower slide gear track. It broke at the hub which put the slide box at the wrong angle which in turn caused the front motor to shear and that is bad. They should be replacing the entire system, front and back gear tracks top and bottom, new motors and those crappy V-wheels. They MUST adjust the slide box also. If it is not adjusted to factory specs it will happen again and usually when your on the road, then your stuck!!! If they only want to replace the front or rear only, take it to another service center that knows what there doing. GOOD LUCK and enjoy the RIDE!!!!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.