Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 12:14 PM   #15
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
This forum, like many, has two basic posters. The ones that love Thor and the ones that don't. The ones that like Thor and are happy with their coaches post complimentary posts about how Thor has always fixed their defects. But that is the rub, their coaches have had problems and the posters give Thor an "A" for effort. These posters fail to hold Thor accountable for the poor quality of their products. A lot of those that don't like Thor, have moved on to other/better brands and are no longer here to complain. ...worked. Sure, I am in the market for a higher quality coach, but am being very cautious and waiting for the overall economy to bottom out before I spend that kind of money again.
I am in the "don't like thor" category. Had a 21 omni which was abysmal build quality, dealing with a thor customer service which I feel was mostly lip service designed to slow things down until any factory warranty was expired. When I would write CS I would get a response that only addressed the "easy" stuff not everything. The canned response was "take it to an authorized repair/dealer" to look at. Locally that's a CW. ha ha!!

The structural deficiencies is why I ultimately dumped it and got a quality coach. I don't call them defects because a fault that is not done according to plan is a defect and these were built into the coach just like thor intended, deficiencies not defects. Yes it was costly but peace of mind and quality ain't cheap.

I still post here when appropriate because most RV issues are generic, from components to modification ideas. When someone asks about thor quality or responses I can just say look up my past postings, no sense in rewriting that book.

To me the OPs problems stem from a covid perspective. The bought into the "travel safely" idea but didn't properly research that travel method well. Bling, grandiose advertising, dealerships paint a real pretty picture of that turd and many fell for it. Hey it even gets experienced RVrs. The OPs experience also has 2 sides and it's a complicated thing to sort out and make it right. Experience is a very expensive teacher.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum