Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
Jim M

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #929
Newby family on board :)

Hello everyone, we are a new RV family of 5 My wife Kat and I, Alec our son (13) , Princess our 5 LB Yorkie and Bozzlie, our bengal tiger cat. Our chosen Rig after about 6 months of research was the 2014 Thor Miramar 34.2, this was a tough choice but cost effective and has everything we need in it. We added an instant hot, Satellite dish and stack-able washer and dryer. We did our delivery walk through yesterday and we are a little overwhelmed right now

We will be towing a "toad" (learning the lingo) and after careful research chose a Mini Cooper Clubman (Love Car Max) and it just happens to match our coach in color at least. We will be setting up a flat tow, but trying to find a little lower cost set up than the 2K Campers World wants to charge for this. Any help or ideas would be welcome.

Also, our son is 13, on a travel BBall team and when we leave San Antonio (From Florida in San Antonio for Ball) in 6 weeks, we are going to head north west (at least that is the plan for now) and eventually come down the Cali coast and through AZ in time for winter. What we really need is help choosing parks to stay at! My son is 13 and needs other kids to socialize with and maybe even play some ball with assuming that some parks actually have a BBall court.

OK, I have said a lot and can keep going but will stop for now.

Thank you for reading my post!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum