Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 03:19 PM   #10
scrubjaysnest

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
We have stayed in Denali NP for a week at a time (where you cannot move your RV until you leave) and had no problems running all our systems with battery power, a small solar panel in the window and running our generator an hour or so a day. Solar panels do help, but unless you intend to stay out weeks at a time without moving your coach, spending several thousands of dollars on a roof mounted system, to me, just does not seem to be worth the time, effort, money, and maintenance costs. I have averaged over three months a year in my 22' Class C, Vegas and Axis over the past six years.
For us solar is the only way to go since we dry camp 6 to 8 months at a time.
Getting used to the power loads of the Axis after the Trailmanor is a little adjustment. Looks like a minimum of between 300 to 400 watts will do for us.
No dip coffee maker, hair dryers of other heavy load items to run. Boil coffee on the stove and run the refrig on gas. Our friends were talked into a residential refrig and regret it as it requires 4 to 6 hours of running the ginney to keep the batteries up.
We will meet up with them next week and in between hikes I'll take a look are requirements and see what amount of solar it will take to off set of the ginney use.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum