Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Gemini 23TE
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 12:19 AM   #4
darkNEskies

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nebraska
THOR #28338
Thank you for the welcome. Well, perhaps I may have counted chickens before they hatched but here's how it went down. As a new owner, I was setting up accounts such as FordPass and the Wi-Fi Hotspot. AT&T seems to have a firm grip on Ford vehicle data plans so I activated the 3 month, 3GB, free trial so I could test it and set up my 'network'. I truly despise those 'today only' special deals but they stuck a $20/month Unl data plan in my face. Seeing how I could cancel at any time, I took the plunge. The 'free' trial is ongoing, works, and allowed me to set-up my hotspot name & password. While traveling, anyone in a vehicle with a hotspot can connect to the internet through this wi-fi network. The potential surprise may be what 'Unl' actually means. I assumed it meant unlimited. Wi-Fi is always on while engine is running or ignition switch is put in Accessories position when it's off. What I didn't know was if the Accessories position would time out & shut off automatically. Putting a vehicle's ignition switch in the Accessories position for a long period of time, risks running the chassis battery down, unless...the vehicle is plugged into shorepower & the RV battery master switch is On. Alexa only needs a 120V outlet for power & wi-fi. I got this to work by putting an Alexa Echo Dot in my Chevy pickup .Did my longwinded reply help?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum