Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 09:59 PM   #1
Twinws

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #27016
Cold weather traveling

We're planning a trip to New Mexico towards the end of January. The plan is to stop nightly staying as far south as possible. We figure maybe one- or two-nights cold weather camping. Temps will be a worst-case scenario 15 degrees for few hours to 45 degrees during the day. Not too concerned about that for we'll be inside with the heaters on. However, we will be leaving the RV for 3 days. The plan was to disconnect the water and have fresh tank empty. The black and grey tanks would be less than a 1/3 full and I plan on putting some pink stuff in the tanks also. We'll come back to the RV and then head back towards warmer weather; I'm concerned about freezing my systems and cracking lines/ tanks while I'm away. My thought process is if will only be freezing for a couple hours and there is much to expand in the tanks to prevent cracking.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum