Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 03:09 PM   #1
robertj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Promaster Key Fob Unavailability and Problems

My van has "pushbutton start" so this probably only applies to these vehicles.

I only received one Key Fob when I purchased and was told by the dealer that was the only one provided by Thor. Have been trying to locate a Fob matching the original for about six months and finally received one (genuine Mopar) after being difficult to get and on backorder. The RV dealer said if I found one they would reimburse me for the cost of the fob and programming.

I took the new Fob to my local Dodge dealer for programming and was advised they could not program it due to an "antenna error" in the PCM. They also said there were several faults when they ran the diagnostic and updated the software to the latest version but were still not able to program the new fob. They suggested I leave the vehicle with them while they troubleshoot but I had plans and could not do that.

I have contacted Thor customer service and they were somewhat helpful and assured me the dealer must have lost the second Fob. Thor guy said I should take back to the Thor dealer and let them deal with the problem but don't really want to wait a month for an appointment and all the delays.

Not having any problems with the one Fob I have but afraid to not have a backup. I would not be surprised once the vehicle goes back to the Dodge dealer if they blame Thor for the problem but would guess that is the next step unless someone has another idea? The RV dealer of course will say this is a Dodge chassis issue and not their problem which ends up being an endless circle.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.