Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Selling?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 03:31 PM   #2
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBird View Post
Been busy around here, cardio doc retired & new one says "if I don't agree to repair the 3 bad valves I have..." So I asked how long would I have if I did NOT repair.. He sort of replied like thinking out loud, "a few months". I thought he was going to swallow his tongue he was so shocked he said that out loud & did assure me that they don't know and I rushed to thank him for being honest. I do not fear dying, God made me & he knows I'm not perfect so hopefully will judge me for my good intentions. I've lived most of those few months trying to convince people it is okay to say the word "die", that we will all do it, and I feel blessed to have time to take care of MY treasures to dispose of so my 3 kids end up with what my husband & I saved all these years. He died 10 years ago & the same amount of money still in the bank, house & year old car paid for & that 28F 4-Winds (2015) with about 35,000 miles on it, 4 new tires & 2 front with at most 1,500 miles, plus new roof & full tank of gas AND propane, 2 new batteries. I am hoping to sell myself & do the driving since I don't want someone with no experience running over a curb to ruin a tire!! (Do I sound like a little ole lady?.... will be 88 tomorrow). So here we are, I hope someone can help me find a place to advertise, where I can post photos or information to sell, and even come up with a price that satisfies a buyer and me. If MY health wasn't the issue I would hop in & take off across country. I'd love to have a German Shepherd or Doberman to travel with, these cats (down to one) do not bark or attempt to scare anyone off. No pity-party here, just plans for the next phase. Thanks for any advice or help!
I suggest first is RV Trader, then RVT, or both. The last time I sold one, 2-3 years ago, I listed on both. Probably 4-5 times the "views" on RVTrader than RVT. Pictures, pictures, great not good pictures. If you can't take great pictures, I can't, hire someone who can. In the listing as Joe Friday said, "just the facts ma'am". Keep the narrative brief and don't say fully self contained and then list every tine feature that goes with fully self contained.

Hopefully it's a non-smoking and better yet non-pet RV. Say that but make sure an ashtray or litter box isn't in a picture. If it's a smoking and/or pet RV have it professionally cleaned and say so. Get everything working that you can and really clean it up, detailed and waxed.

Selling services such as Craigs List and to a lesser amount Facebook will bring out the most scam attempts. Be prepared for them. If showing yourself isn't possible or desirable for you, consider a consignment service such as PPL, or your local dealer but be advised you'll get much less.

Others will come in with suggestions so good luck with it.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum