Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 03:22 PM   #3
robertj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
The Onan actually stopped running. When it did the breaker on the generator tripped also.

I agree it sounds to me like the Relion BMS tripped due to the low temperatures. I was "hoping" that the Relion working together with the Mastervolt/Charger and generator would allow the batteries to be heated, and then charged but guess it won't work that way.

The warm up was caused by ambient temperature increase as our temperature rose during the day to around 50 degrees. I also disconnected the shore power because I did not want to leave it plugged in given I had to leave my residence etc.

I feel fortunate it started working normally again as when this happened was afraid that was not going to be the case.

It is possible I suppose, that if I left it connected to shore power that the batteries would have been heated and then charged within an hour or so?

I could not for personal reasons wait that long however to find out. It was also strange to me that I lost all DC power to the van and the Mastervolt display was showing 5.2 volts but only when plugged in to shore power. With it not plugged in, all displays (Mastervolt and BMPRO) were "blank" and receiving no power.

I suppose it could be that was the voltage used to heat the batteries but I am not the expert on these and chose to unplug everything. Thanks for reply.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum