Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 04:23 PM   #4
fourthgear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Hard to say what did what & when with out some sort of monitoring & a history of what & when . Everything goes through the Inverter , 12vdc/or 120vac from SP or Genset .I had issues with my ATS & was doing about the same thing , but I still had 12vdc , just no 120vac & it didn't always happen when switching to SP or 120vac . I think when the Inverter senses 120vac supply, be it Genset or SP , it switches over to SP/gen.120vac , it may not have 120vac it may switch over even if 120 Vac or there is some way the ATS communicates with the MasterVolt Inverter & the Inverter senses it enough to switch over to SP/genset internally even though its not there .( 5.6V)

My Sanctuary system diagram shows everything goes through the Inverter , from the Inverter both 120vac & 12vdc then go to the Distribution panel , be it 12vdc or 120 vac .( same panel on mine )

You may have more then one issue , just happened at the same time , Testing is needed when & if it happens again & you can see what is where , its the reason I am documenting my system , so I can see any history or changes in the settings or inputs . All of these MV systems should be set up so the system can be seen .

There could be a couple reasons why the Genset tripped a Breaker & may not had anything to do with the MV system , well maybe . LOL

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.